Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Broken for You

There's a book I absolutely must recommend. It's a chick book, so the rest of you can avert your eyes. Broken for You is the story of a woman who is lost, chasing after the wrong things, and still trying to figure herself out. Sound familiar? When she meets an older woman with a terminal illness who is ready to share her house but not her history, the young heroine begins, slowly, to find new places to look for answers and redemption.

If breaking plates against a floor, Holocaust remembrance and bowling seem to have no right being in one story, read this book to prove yourself wrong.

(Full disclosure, I work for the company that publishes this book, which would normally keep me from recommending it. Consider that a boost to this review's value.)

2 comments:

Rambling Rose Cottage said...

Thanks for the book recommendation. I will check my and see if my library carries it!

wallowmuddy said...

Your library should have it (by Stephanie Kallos) and the paperback is coming out this fall.